Thursday, July 1, 2010

More about the Colectivo Con-spirando


I recently sent an email out to a group of people who I knew had particular interests in the areas of religion, human rights, women's rights, spirituality, etc so that they could learn more about Con-spirando (the organization that I am interning with this summer). I know that there are many more of you who would perhaps be interested in learning more about the great organization so I decided I would also attach my email message and some additional information here!



Hi friends and family!

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying your summer!
I'm sending you this email because I think you all might be particularly interested in learning about the Colectivo Con-spirando, the organization in Santiago, Chile where I'm interning this summer. Con-spirando is a women's theological collective with a wide network across Latin America. It brings voice to women across Latin America through it's publications (which this year come in the form of two books but in the past have been quarterly magazines) as well as myriad workshops, rituals, and courses that bring women together to heal, write, dream, and converse.

This summer, I've seen the great work of Con-spirando first hand through a series of trauma-healing workshops that the organization is doing with neighborhoods affected by last February's earthquake. The members of Con-spirando are incredible facilitators and I was amazed at the work of healing that they are undertaking in communities where that work is so badly needed. As some of my friends with particular interests in religion, feminism, Latin America, human rights and other related areas, I thought you might want to learn more about Con-spirando because I think they are one of the best examples I have ever come across in opening space and giving voice to people who might otherwise remain silenced and harmed by oppressive forces in today's world. It speaks deeply to my own goals and values and I imagine you will find it inspiring as well!



Here are some places online to learn more about them:

Their website is: www.conspirando.cl.
(and for those of you who speak Spanish, the article on their homepage is about their latest workshop on post-trauma which I was lucky enough to attend with them)

Some of their articles have been translated into English and can be found here:
http://www.conspirando.cl/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=60&func=select&id=5

A list of books published by Con-spirando and links to how to order them: http://www.conspirando.cl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=75

No comments:

Post a Comment